You’re not a cookie cutter runner—so stop using a cookie cutter training plan!
This Runner’s Recipes Coaching does not offer the standard training plans that you find for free or in a magazine. You are your own unique runner, with your own strengths, dreams, and goals. You deserve more than a generic training plan – your training plan should play to your individual strengths to help you achieve your goals, stay injury-free, and enjoy your running.
I favor an intuitive, effort-based approach that will get you the results you desire, transform your approach to training and racing, and make you fall even more in love with running.
Whether you are training for a goal race or want to improve your day-to-day running, I’m here to help you reach your goals. I take both short-term (training for one specific race) and long-term/perpetual training athletes.
Interested in coaching? Email me at [email protected] or fill out the contact form at the bottom of the page!
Customized Static Plan:
Available in monthly plans ($40/month)
(Bundle Options Available for 12 Weeks and 16 Weeks)
Individualized Training Plan on Final Surge
No Coaching Feedback
One Free Plan Revision
Additional Revisions: $25 each
This Runner’s Recipes Year-Round Training Group
$59/Month (4 Weeks)
Individualized Plan On Final Surge, Updated Monthly
You can join at any time – group is year-round
2x/Month Coaching Feedback
Access to Training Group and Forums in Slack
Strength Training Workout Library
Unlimited Email/Slack Communication
Basic One-on-One Coaching (Most Popular Option!)
$95/Month (4 Weeks)
Individualized Training Plan on Final Surge, Updated Monthly
Weekly Coaching Feedback
Strength Workouts & Injury Prevention Routine
Monthly Check-In Calls
Unlimited Email/Slack Communication
Premium One-on-One Coaching
$399/Month (4 Weeks)
Deluxe Coaching Package
Individualized Training Plan on Final Surge, Updated Weekly
Daily Coaching Feedback
Individualized Strength Workouts & Injury Prevention Routine
Weekly 1 Check-In Call
Unlimited Email/Slack Communication
All plans include an initial consultation with the coach and a Final Surge account (shared online training log with automated workout reminders). Every training plan is customized to your schedule, goals, current fitness, and specific race and includes speed work, long runs, specified paces and distances, and clear workout instructions.
What Runners Are Saying
I hired Laura as my coach when I knew I wanted to get serious about qualifying for the Boston Marathon, and it was hands-down the best decision I could have made. Her flexible, customized training plan had the perfect balance of hard workouts that pushed me and easy runs that let me properly recover. Working with Laura improved my nutrition, recovery, fueling/hydration, strength training regimen, and my ability to handle volume. Best of all, I had the best race of my life–I ran the Sugarloaf Marathon in 3:28:30 which was a 7.5 minute PR, my first negative split marathon, and a BQ with a 6.5 minute cushion!
“I can’t say enough positive things about training with Laura! As an already avid and fairly experienced runner, I never gave thought to training with a running coach. I won free coaching services from Laura’s blog which changed my opinion completely! Working with Laura to to train for the Long Island Half Marathon was an amazing experience. Laura crafted my personalized training plan by working with the mileage and schedule I typically follow, adjusting the workouts and details in such a way that I felt challenged in a whole new way!
She truly cared about my workouts, how I felt, and how we can continue to adjust the plan to meet my needs. Her knowledge of running is on such a high level yet she explains the complicated terms so that they are easy to understand. I was going for a PR and totally nailed it! I felt terrific during this half marathon by following her pacing instructions. I listened and did everything she told me throughout the training plan and would 150% recommend anyone looking to grow as a runner to train with Laura. Should I ever run a marathon, I would never go into training without her!”
– Meredith V., New York
“I am a 24-year-old Army Nurse. I started working with Laura just about six months ago. I stumbled across her blog on Pinterest and was looking for a way to fit my running training into my busy and unpredictable Nursing Schedule.
Laura’s coaching and guidance has brought my running to a whole new level. In the past I have run half marathons using prescribed training plans and do my best to fit in workouts around my schedule. Laura helps me plan workouts targeted at my running and fitness goals and works with me to fit in training around 12-hour day shifts and night shifts. Laura’s feedback and personalized schedule motivates me to get in my miles and focus on my training goals. Laura is a positive, motivating, and informed coach. She provides feedback on everything from electrolyte replacement to rolled ankles to missed workouts.
Since working with Laura I ran a PR half marathon at 1:50 and have added a base training regimen to my workouts to keep up my fitness in between races. I now proudly call myself ‘a runner’ versus ‘someone who runs half marathons sometimes!'”
– Erin C., Washington D.C.
What do you receive?
- Personalized and Adaptive Training Plan: Everything about your plan – the workouts, schedule, progression, paces, and race strategy – are all created individually for you after an initial consultation. For mid-level and premium level clients, your training plan is adapted each month or week, respectively, based on your progress.
- No More Guesswork: Each workout comes with clear instructions and explanations. Something come up in your week? I’ll adjust your training plan for your schedule so you don’t miss a run. My job is to remove all of the guesswork from your training so all you have to do is run.
- Smart Goal Setting: I work with runners no matter what your goals are: training for a goal race, starting to run, returning after time off, or year-round coaching. Throughout our time together, I help you assess your current fitness and set challenging yet realistic goals that will help you grow as a runner.
- Strength Training Workouts built into your training plan to improve your running and prevent injury.
- Feedback and Accountability: As coach and client, we will share an online training log that records all the details of your workouts. I provide feedback to each workout, which will keep you accountable and help us adapt your plan best for your needs and goals.
- Frequent Communication: Your time with me is not reserved for a specific hour slot each day. You can contact me via email any time of day with any question, comment, or concern about your training. Based on your level of plan, I call to check in and discuss your training and answer any questions on a regular basis.
My Coaching Philosophy
- Growth of the Runner: Above all else, my goal as your running coach is to help you grow as a person by growing as a runner. I treat all of my athletes with the utmost respect and compassion, since you a person first and a runner second. Running can and should make you a kinder, humbler, harder working, more motivated individual, and in addition to training you to run your personal best, I want to help you reap all you can from your miles.
- Variety: Monotony is not only boring – it leads to injury and plateau. I constantly vary your workouts and introduce different stimuli (such as strides, strength training, and cross-training) to prevent injury, avoid mental burnout, and keep training fun.
- Sustainability Injury, more than anything, prevents you from running your personal best. My training plans adapt as you progress, meaning you never stumble into the land of overtraining or burnout. My training plans include cutback weeks, recovery runs, sustainable mileage, the appropriate ratio of hard and easy runs, strength training, and core work to keep you injury free from day one until you cross the finish line and beyond.
- Research-Backed Methods: I’m the ultimate run-nerd. In addition to my RRCA certification, I’ve studied renowned training plans from Hudson to Daniels. Each workout you receive has a specific, scientifically-supported purpose. My training does not follow trends, but rather adheres to the time-tested knowledge of some of the greatest minds in running.
If you are interested in coaching I would love to hear from you! Email me at [email protected] or fill out the contact form below:
If you have any specific questions about costs or services or to sign up for one of these running coach services, please email me at [email protected] and I will respond as soon as possible.